15 DAYS HINDU PILGRIMAGE NORTH INDIA TOUR
Day 1 : Arrive Delhi
Garlanding on arrival. Meeting, assistance and transfer to Hotel. Overnight at hotel.
Day 2 : Delhi
Morning half day city tour of Old and New Delhi visiting the capital city. In the tour of the Old city visit Red Fort built by Emperor Shah Jahan; and visit the Jain temple and see the Jain Bird hospital opposite the Red Fort, see Jama Masjid, one of the largest mosque in India, Raj Ghat- the memorial of Mahatma Gandhi and Shanti Van; walk along chandni chowk, the silver street of Delhi bustling with activity. In the New city visit India Gate – A War Memorial Arch; Bahai temple, Lakshmi Narayan – a Hindu temple, Bangla Sahib Gurdwara – a sikh temple. Also drive past the Presidents house, Parliament house, Government secretariat buildings and Connaught place – the heart of New Delhi a busy shopping center. Afternoon at leisure. Overnight at hotel.
Day 3 : Delhi – Rishikesh
Morning depart by surface to Haridwar.On arrival check-in at Hotel. half day city tour of Old and New Delhi visiting the capital city. In the tour of the Old city visit Red Fort built by Emperor Shah Jahan; and visit the Jain temple and see the Jain Bird hospital opposite the Red Fort, see Jama Masjid, one of the largest mosque in India, Raj Ghat- the memorial of Mahatma Gandhi and Shanti Van; walk along chandni chowk, the silver street of Delhi bustling with activity. In the New city visit India Gate – A War Memorial Arch; Bahai temple, Lakshmi Narayan – a Hindu temple, Bangla Sahib Gurdwara – a sikh temple. Also drive past the Presidents house, Parliament house, Government secretariat buildings and Connaught place – the heart of New Delhi a busy shopping center. Overnight at hotel.
Day 4 : Rishikesh – Haridwar – Rishikesh
Morning visiting Haridwar. Haridwar means “Gateway to God”. It is essentially a Hindu pilgrimage town with temples, hermitages and Dharamshalas along the banks of the river Ganga. Visit Har-ki-Pauri, the most popular bathing Ghat which has a footprint of Lord Vishnu, the Hindu God of preservation, on stone ..Overnight at hotel .
Day 5 : Rishikesh – Haridwar – Varanasi
Morning at leisure. Late afternoon transfer to railway station to board train for Varanasi. The land of Varanasi (Kashi) has been the ultimate pilgrimage spot for Hindus for ages. Often referred to as Benares, Varanasi is the oldest living city in the world. These few lines by Mark Twain say it all: “Benaras is older than history, older than tradition, older even than legend and looks twice as old as all of them put together”. Hindus believe that one who is graced to die on the land of Varanasi would attain salvation and freedom
from the cycle of birth and re-birth. Abode of Lord Shiva and Parvati, the origins of Varanasi are yet unknown. Ganges in Varanasi is believed to have the power to wash away the sins of mortals. Overnight on board the train.
Day 6 : Arrive Varanasi
On arrival transfer to Hotel. Overnight at hotel.
Day 7 : Varanasi
Early morning boat ride on river Ganges . Afternoon city tour visiting Kashi Vishvnath Temple – It is also known as the Golden Temple, and is dedicated to Lord Shiva, the presiding deity of the city. This is the holiest spot in the city, Bharat Mata Temple – A unique temple dedicated to Mother India. It houses a relief map of India, carved out of marble, instead of the customary gods and goddesses. Mahatma Gandhi, opened this unique temple, which was gifted, by the nationalists Babu Shiv Prasad Gupta and Shri Durga Prasad. Jateshwar Mahadev Temple – This temple in Karnaghata houses a black stone statue of Shiva and has tantric overtones. Locals believe that a devotee must offer his prayers here, before going to Vishwanath temple. Kaal Bhairav – This Bhairav Nath temple situated in Visheswarganj, is a temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. There are nine other Bhairav temples in the city, Maha Mritunjaya Temple – This temple in Dara Nagar is devoted to the God of Death. Devotees are not allowed to touch the Shivalinga here. A fair is held here in June-July , Tulsi Manas Temple – In the modern marble sikhara-style, Tulsi Manas Temple was built in 1964 by a philanthropist family of Varanasi and is devoted to Lord Rama. An exquisite structure of white marble, it has the verses and scenes of Ram Charit Manas engraved on its walls. .
Day 8 : Varanasi – Mathura
Morning at leisure. Afternoon transfer to railway station to board train for Mathura. Overnight on board the train.
Day 9 : Arrive – Mathura
On arrival, check-in at Hotel. The City of Mathura, in Uttar Pradesh, the nucleus of Brajbhoomi, is located at a distance of 145 km south-east of Delhi and 58 km north-west of Agra. Covering an area of about 3,800 sq. km., today, Brajbhoomi can be divided into two distinct units – the eastern part in the trans-Yamuna tract with places like Gokul, Mahavan, Baldeo, Mat and Bajna and the western side of the Yamuna covering the Mathura region that encompasses Vrindavan, Govardhan, Kusum Sarovar, Barsana and Nandgaon.
The land of Braj starts from Kotban near Hodel about 95 km from Delhi and ends at Runakuta which is known specially for its association with the poet Surdas, an ardent Krishna devotee.Shri Krishna, an incarnation of Lord Vishnu, was born in the Dwapara Yuga as the eighth son of the Yadava prince Vasudev and his wife Devaki. To save him from the murderous intentions of his maternal uncle Kansa, the ruler of Mathura, the infant Krishna was spirited away soon after birth to Gokul, the village of the gopas (cowherds) in Braj (their pastureland). It was here that he grew to manhood, in the tender care of his foster parents Nand and Yashoda in the happy company of the cowherds.
Afternoon city tour.
Overnight at hotel.
Day 10 : Mathura – Agra
After breakfast drive to Agra and check in at hotel.
Later proceed for half day sightseeing tour of Agra visitsing Taj Mahal & Agra Fort.
Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 11 : Agra – Jaipur
After breakfast depart by surface to Jaipur, en route visiting Fatehpur Sikri . On arrival check-in at Hotel. Overnight at hotel.
Day 12 : Jaipur
Morning excursion to Pushkar. Pushkar is characterised by a picturesque valley, mountainous regions, uncommon scenic spots, and several pilgrimage sites of importance, Pushkar is known all over. It also makes one of the revered Hindu pilgrimage sites of India and houses the only temple dedicated to Lord Brahma in the world. The flow of tourists to Pushkar increases exceptionally during the time of the camel fair. The locals here are very hospitable and they dress up with their best during this much-awaited camel fair. Their colourful veils, turbaned heads, and colourfully dyed skirts, with sounds of the ektara and the soulful tunes of the Rajasthani folk songs make the nights of the Pushkar equally pleasing. Evening visit some of the holy places that you should make a point to visit while in Pushkar are the Brahma Temple, Gau Ghat, Nag Hill, Markendeya Rishi Ashram, Pap Mochini Temple, Agastya Muni Ashram and Gaya Kund. Besides, the picturesque lake, the Savitri Temple, and the Pushkar Bazaar are also worth a visit. Afternoon city tour. Overnight at hotel.
Day 13 : Jaipur – Mumbai
Morning excursion to Amer Fort, ascend the fort on Elephant’s back.
Later transfer to airport to board flight for Mumbai.
Arrive Mumbai meet our representative and transfer to hotel.
Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 14 : Mumbai
Full day at leisure. Overnight at hotel.
Day 15 : Mumbai
Full day at leisure. Overnight at hotel.
Day 16 : Depart Mumbai
Today in time transfer to airport to board flight for onward destination.
Combination – I
Combination – II
No of Nights
BW Radha Ashok
RATES VALIDITY – 01 OCT – 20 DEC ’2012
COMBINATION – I 03 STAR HOTELS
COMBINATION – II
04 STAR HOTELS
Min 02 Paying Pax
US$ 915 Per Person
US$ 1255 Per Person
Supplement for Monument Entrances
US$ 80 Per Person
US$ 80 Per Person
Airfare Supplement for Jaipur /Mumbai sectors in Economy Class
Please note that airfare & schedule is subject to change.
US$ 99 Per person
US$ 99 Per person
The above are per person costs and in US $ Dollars
- Please note that the mentioned flight fares are available as of now. As we have given you special check fare then we need to issue all flight tickets, so that we can get the same fares. We can issue all flight tickets only after receiving confirmation / payment from you. The quoted flight fares are subject to availability.
- There would be also charges against any cancellation or amendment.
Inclusions & Exclusions
OUR QUOTE INCLUDES:
- 13 nights accommodation at the hotel mentioned above OR SIMILAR CATEGORY OF ALTERNATE HOTELS.
- Meal Plan – Daily buffet breakfast at all the hotels.
- Traditional Indian welcome upon arrival in India.
- All transfers, sightseeing tours and excursion by 01 Air-conditioned vehicle as per the above itinerary (No transport services included for days at leisure).
- English speaking local guide for sightseeing and excursion tours at each city.
- Elephant/Jeep ride at Amber Fort in Jaipur.
- Train fare for Haridwar – Varanasi by 2nd AC
- Train fare for Varanasi – Agra by 2nd AC
- Road taxes, parking fee, fuel charges, interstate taxes, and porterage at all hotels.
- Representative for assistance on all arrival and departure transfers.
- All currently applicable taxes including service tax
OUR QUOTE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Expense of personal nature like tipping, laundry, telephone / fax calls, alcoholic beverages, camera/video camera fee at monuments, medical expenses, airport departure tax etc
- Any other services not mentioned in the inclusions.
- Domestic airfare.
- Entrance fees at all monuments.
- Check-In, Check-out time 1200 NOON
- Rates include only those items specified in your itinerary.
- In case on any currency fluctuations or amendment in local Government taxes, or any fuel hike, we reserve the right to adjust the tour price accordingly.
- Above rates are Nett non commissionable.
- Please note, the names of hotels mentioned above only indicate that our rates have been based on usage of these hotels. It is not to be construed that accommodation is confirmed at these hotels until and unless we convey the confirmations to you on receipt of your acceptance. However in the event of any of the above mentioned hotels not becoming available at the time of initiating the reservations, we shall book alternate accommodation at a similar or next best available hotel and shall pass on the difference of rates (supplement/reduction whatever applicable) to you.
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION: FLIGHTS ON REQUEST
15 THOMAS STR, PIETERMARITZBURG. KZN, SOUTH AFRICA
TEL: 0027 33 – 3457455
FAX: 0027 33 – 3457460
www.duzitravels.co.za email: firstname.lastname@example.org